Thursday, March 13, 2008

THROWBACK THURSDAY: EMOTIONAL


Emotional, produced by P-Diddy's Bad Boy Records and released April 18, 2000, is Carl Thomas' debut album. Although not as vocally emotive as other romantic male R&B artists like Brian McKnight or Tyrese, Carl has a melodically fluid style that manages to strike all the right chords.
I've had this CD since its debut and it is a constant companion. I refer back to it often, especially when I want to convey my most sentimental of sentiments.

2. Emotional (Album Version)
Lyrics - Emotional <- just reverse the genders for a broken hearted female. This one goes out to my girl, Aldorris [Aldorris](person). I feel you, gurl. I feel you.

3. I Wish (Album Version)
Lyrics - I Wish <- reverse the genders with regard to my situation. These lyrics apply to Army Chris. :: sigh :: ARGH! Did I blog about him? Chris if you read this, listen to this song and you'll see why I'm hesitating. I've told you how I feel about your situation and I don't think you want to really hear me, but I'm not settling.

8. Woke Up In The Morning (Album Version)
Lyrics - Woke Up In The Morning <- never actually slept with either of them, but the sentiment is the same.

I gave a copy of this CD to J@son and Ab3 at some point during my infatuation with them and I don't think either of them took the time to really L I S T E N to the lyrics. If they had, they would understand why things are the way they are today.

Overall, this CD has some very memorable ballads that you will refer back to from time to time because they go right along with whatever you might be feeling....hence, emotional.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that. I feel like I did when I was in high school and someone called the radio station to dedicate a song to me. And oh it's so perfect for where I am right now.

    Thanks for making me smile in the midst of everything going on. You are great.

    ReplyDelete