So, 'nother funny story.
I'm walking down the stairs on my way out of work today and there's this guy, I'll call him "All American Joe" walking behind me. On our way down the stairwell, "All American Joe" makes a comment to a couple dark complexion East Indian men who were talking in front of a window in the stair well. I'll assume these guys are on his team or that he knows them.
All American Joe: "So, what are you guys doing soaking up some vitamin E standing there in front of the window?"
East Indian Guys: "Uh? We're just talking about some work stuff..."
Me: :: looks back at All American Joe as we descend the stairs :: "Actually, it's vitamin D."
All American Joe: "...vitamin D, eh I always thought it was vitamin E."
:: pregnant pause as we walkout the main doors ::
Me: "Yeah, little trivia for you...dark complexion people like myself can't absorb vitamin D from sunlight, we have to get it from supplements or food"
:: I'm enjoying making All American Joe squirm as we walk towards the parking garages ::
All American Joe: "I figured since you dark complexion people are so dark that you would absorb MORE vitamin D from the sun."
Me: "Well, see...we are designed to BLOCK certain sunlight rays...you know the whole UVA and UVB thing."
All American Joe: "Oh, so is that why you dark skin folks are so happy...not enough vitamin D?"
Me: :: smiles :: :: eyeroll ::
All American Joe: :: continues walking in complete oblivion of his own ignorance ::
Ha! Some people just don't know when to shut up.
ReplyDelete*hugs* Miss ya girl. I feel like we haven't "talked" in forever.
I hate ignorant azz folks that run their mouths!!
ReplyDelete