Monday, August 20, 2007

Goodbye Sweet Gwenie Gwen

Sunday, August 19, 2007

I invited the girls over for a Sunday dinner Farewell for our girl, Gwenie Gwen.
This weekend, Gwen is moving to DC metro to pursue a great career opportunity. Fortunately, her brother, sister-in-law and brand new baby nephew, Lucas live nearby. It has been a pleasure knowing Gwen and I've grown very attached to her. *sniffle* I'm going to miss my Gwenie Gwen.

It was my pleasure to prepare a feast fit for Gwenie Gwen and my other knitter friends.
For those that might be curious, I marinated the chicken breasts over night in KC Masterpiece Garlic & Herb Marinade. I, also, served C. Wirthy & Co. Blackened Seasoned Atlantic Salmon. I grilled both of these on my Ultrex Reversible Grill & Griddle with Glass Lid. Using the lid makes for such tender meat. It's like butter! We had dinner rolls, baked potatoes and a simple spinach, cherry tomato salad with Julianne carrots, broccoli and sprouts. I marinated the asparagus in olive oil, balasmic vinager, soy sauce and minced garlic then sauteed them. Joanna, that salad dressing you liked was Good Seasons Red Raspberry Vinaigrette with Poppyseeds. There was fruit, chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert. Least we forget the bottle of Sofia Blanc de Blanc Sparkling Wine Gwen and I put away. *ugh* I was a little out of it after dinner. LOL!

Then, Joanna had the excellent idea for us to take a friendship foot circle picture.


6 comments:

  1. We have pretty feet.

    And you are an excellent hostess.

    And I wish I had a picture of you passed out with napkins stuck to your forehead.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that your friend is moving away but keep in mind, she's only *this* far away as the internet allows. :P

    I love the idea of your friendship foot circle. Those are all some great socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fabulous picture, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love the frienship sock!! Friends who appreciate/make handknit socks are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is the first time I've noticed that you and Christine made the same sock and that you're both wearing it on your left foot in the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pic. Oh the food sounds yummy too.

    Necia

    ReplyDelete