Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Knitting to Escape...

More and more I find myself using my knitting as a pacifier. A way to medicate what ails me and sometimes a means to motivate me. Most recently, I've been coaxing myself to get my cardio out of the way by knitting while on the exercise bicycle. What better way eschew monotony than to crank out a few rows.

Am I the only one that refers to her knitting bag as her "binky"? I freak out (figuratively speaking) if I don't AT LEAST have a knitting project in my purse. Some socks, a hat, something to tide me over. Never know when you're going to be standing about for a few minutes. Might as well, knit it out. LOL!

Whenever someone approaches me while out knitting in public and comments that knitting is too complex and frustrating, I think to myself "Knitting is one of the most relaxing things I can think to do." It soothes my soul and abates my demons. LOL!

Speaking of knitting in public. Don't you hate it when people come up and ask you what you are knitting and it's quite obvious that you are knitting a sock or a glove. I mean how freakin' S T U P I D! It's an appendage like none other. An easily recognizable body part. I mean D @ M N! I REFUSE to even acknowledge or answer that particular question when it's something so obvious. I just think to myself "Are you serious?" and hold up my TWO socks or TWO gloves with fingers and stare at them blankly until they answer the question themselves. *grumble*

2 comments:

  1. I had some dumbass car salesman ask me that when I was at the very end of finishing a sock. Clearly a sock, you know?

    "What are you making?"
    "A sock"
    "For what?"
    "A foot"

    Dumbass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, cut these dumbasses some slack! They're just trying to start a friendly conversation. Besides, maybe (alright, I doubt it, but maybe, give them the benefit of the doubt) they're wondering what pattern of sock, It could happen...

    ReplyDelete