Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Mr. Bentley and One of My WORST Pictures EVER!



This photo convinced me to NEVER, EVER leave my home without makeup, doing my hair or my contacts ever again. Thanks to T, I now know the Gawd Awful Ugly truth. *sigh* The only thing that makes this photo even worse is that damn headband. It couldn't be helped though. I was getting my hair did the next day anyway and didn't have time to muck around with it. I guess I could have worn a wig. *shrug*

Oh and that adorable fur ball WAS Mr. Bentley. You see...what had happened was...

My surrogate sister, Ashanti is 5 months pregnant with her FOURTH child (they already have 4 year old triplets), is moving into a larger home at the end of the month and was getting into arguments with her husband about Mr. Bentley and his lack of potty training. All of this lead to a meltdown and a panic call to me Tuesday morning which then lead to me agreeing to go pick up Mr. Bentley that afternoon and take him home with me. Now, I already have a persnickety cat named Kitty who doesn't even like looking through the patio door at the neighborhood cats when they drop by for a visit in my backyard (I have a koi pond). So, why did I think it would be ok to bring a DOG home? *sigh* I just wanted the crying to stop, so I just said "YES Ashanti! I'll come get him!" Ashanti said, "You promise? You have to come get him today before I change my mind and keep him. You have to come get him, Carmen!" I said, "OK! OK! I'm coming after my last meeting, then I'll have to bring him with me to Knit Night."

*sigh*

I brought Mr. Bentley to knit night as planned. Bentley was hyper. We was just a waggley, yapping fur ball. I ended up leaving shortly after I arrived. I felt like one of those ladies at church with a crying baby who has to leave in a rush. *dagnabit*

Upon arriving at home, I brought Bentley and all his accoutrement into my house and you should have seen the look on Kitty's face. *sniffle* She looked so sad. Like I had abandoned her. I let her out on the porch and she balled up on a cushion and just starred at me with these big, sad eyes. Meanwhile, Bentley was yapping in his kennel. I could tell this wasn't going to workout already. He was yapping, pooping, biting, pacing, waggling, whining and generally gettin' on my damn nerves ALL NIGHT! Kitty was nowhere to be seen or heard. She had gone deep undercover. That night, I kept Bentley in his kennel in my room and slept with earplugs in my ears. The next morning, I called Ashanti and told her it wasn't going to workout. Bentley had to go. After a few phone calls, Ashanti's mom found Bentley a benefactor who wanted to pick him up that day. YES! Fortunately, I worked from home Wednesday and was able to pack Bentley up and schlep him down to the animal clinic where is new, rich lady benefactor would be waiting to claim him. HELL YEAH! I packed him up so fast and absconded down the road in a flash. Upon arriving at the vet and handing him off, Bentley was immediately taken to get the snip.

Heartbroken that I couldn't find my little girl. I rushed back home and began a room by room search for Miss Kitty. Finally, I discovered her in the far corner of a small closet up in my attic. She was firmly planted and I suspect hadn't moved since last night. I doubt she even left to go potty, drink or eat. It took some time, but I finally coaxed her out. She cautiously did an inspection and discovered that Bentley was, indeed, gone just as I had promised. She was happy and instantly resumed her routine.

Order had been restored. Thank Gawd.

No comments:

Post a Comment