Wednesday, December 06, 2006

FO: Knitty! Fuzzy Feet



Thursday, December 14, 2006
Recently, I decided to make a pair of fuzzy feet slippers for my Nanny's Christmas present. I wish I had modified the pattern to do these the Crazy Toes & Heels way instead of a traditional cuff down heel flap way. As a matter of fact, as I type this I'm thinking that I should just frog the pair I just finished and redo them. *sigh*
I just don't like the holey gusset and heel join and the lumpy heel turn and I REALLY don't like kitchnering the toe shut. I bet I can eeeck out a pair of fuzzy feet in a couple days the CTH way now.



OK! For some reason, it just dawned on me that I could knit a few Christmas gifts.
*faceplams* WHY NOW! *shrug* I on't know! *sigh*

So, I thought I might up the anty a bit and try to crank out a couple fuzzy feet before I go home for the holidays. They would be the perfect gift for my nanny since she mainly putters around the house now anyway. If I can muster another pair, I'll gift those to my mommy.

Looks like the fuzzy feet are a perfect candidate for 2 at since the heel flap is the same as the stitches on one circular, i.e. heel flap = 22 sts and you cast on 44 sts. total.

*fingers crossed* Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, you sound like me...I never *plan* to make anyone anything for Xmas, but then all of a sudden 2 weeks before I've got a ton of projects I have to do!

    Your fuzzy feet look great! What yarn did you use? I love the color and that halo it got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bezzie,

    Those fuzzy feet belong to Knitty! LOL! I stole it from the Knitty pattern page, just click the feet and you go to fuzzy feet land. ;)

    ReplyDelete