My plan of attack for the yarn diet is to knit up a lot of charity items with my more pragmatic yarn (LionBrand Woolease and Homespun, Caron Simply Soft), i.e. fuzzy feets, hats, lapghans for the troops recouperating in the hospitals over in Germany and Iraq. If you're interested in participating on your own you can send your items directly to Germany.
I'm a member of Yahoo! American Angels and I contacted the moderators, Lois and Laurel, to inquire about the needs of the troops and where to send items:
"Here is where you can send wounded items for Germany.
LANDSTUHL REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
PASTORAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
US HOSPITAL CMR
402 APO AE 09180
We also have a couple hospitals right in Iraq we are beginning to send
slippers and helmet liners and comfortghans to - if your interested in sending
some of the fuzzy feet there let Laurel or I know - we have the address - she's
keeping track of the slipper outreach this winter as well.
Lois"
No comments:
Post a Comment