
Saturday, June 3, 2006
My Socks on Two Circulars class is over now. I ended up with a short cuff because I didn't have time to knit the entire 6" leg so it turned out to be an anklet. I learned the basics of making socks during this class, but these bad boys will be frogged and reworked. I don't want to make these into anklets because the pine color is for Sean, so I'm going to redo them toe up in a generic ribbed pattern.

Thursday, May 18, 2006
My first attempts at Two Socks on Two Circulars using Lion Brand Wool-Ease ended with a frogging. I just didn't like the clumsy thickness. I did, however, manage to learn the basic concept of the toe up sock. Since then, I have enrolled in a sock knitting class at The Yarn Shop and More where we are knitting the basic cuff down sock pattern "Great Fit! Ribbed Sock on Two Circulars Needle by Design55 (the instructor's own pattern). The class only calls for one sock on one circular, however, due to my fear of "Second Sock Syndrome" I decided to kick it up a notch and do both socks at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment