Thursday, May 01, 2008

THROWBACK THURSDAY: Miss Thang


"Monica Denise Arnold (born October 24, 1980), professionally known as Monica, is an American R&B singer, songwriter, and occasional actress. She debuted in 1995 under the guidance of Rowdy Records head Dallas Austin and became the youngest recording act to ever have two consecutive chart-topping hits on the U.S..."

Can you believe that she was only 13 years old when she recorded this smash debut album.
Like the lyrics of the songs on this album, Monica's voice was so strong and developed...far more mature than her young age.

I remember being mesmerized by this album....I love every song on this album.

Here's some of the better videos I managed to dig up on YouTube:

Miss Thang

2. Don't Take It Personal (Just One Of Dem Days)
3. Like This And Like That
11. Before You Walk Out Of My Life
13. Why I Love You So Much

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I remember riding on the school bus and seeing every single girl (myself included), lip-synching "Don't Take It Personal!" I had no idea she was so young! I still love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another throw back classic. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing those videos. Thanks for sharing it.

    Also, can't wait to hear about your MS&W adventure.

    ReplyDelete