Wednesday, February 04, 2009

It's All Over But The Shouting

I've been down here for almost 2 weeks handling the fallout from my mother's passing.
I haven't really even taken account of my feelings about what all has transpired.
Mostly just trying to tread water and maneuver the bureaucracy of what to do when someone dies and doesn't so much as a tic tac worth of information on what they have or where it is or what to do with it. 'sigh

For now I want to send a shoutout to my knitting homies in Kansas City!
Thank you so much for the beautiful ficus tree.

Courtesy of the Sunflower Knitters Guild.

Sufficed to say that I have many, many Thank You cards to send, but I wanted to let y'all know that I appreciate all your condolences and thoughts.

Most especially, my friend Michael. Quite unexpectedly, he came down here from Los Angeles to be by my side and proved to be quite a fount of support. I was totally shocked and amazed that he would take time to be with me here. I know I have many many good friends who care about me and I take solace in that. I've had my long arm extended again, but this time just as a means to an end. I just need to emotionally shutdown long enough to function down here, then maybe I'll have a chance to lean on my friends when I get back home to KC.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your mothers passing. Please accept my most heartfelt condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. I hope you find peace soon. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweetie. I'm so sorry about your mother. I know it's been really rough for you in the last months, and I hope that you can find some peace.

    Thinking of you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. You have been so strong the past few months. You and your family are in my prayers. ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you know we're here for you & whenever you need us to, we'll be here to squish on ya and knit with you and listen, or distract, laugh with you & cry with you, whatever you need. Totally understand the need to just compartmentalize and get the necessary stuff DONE. Just keep yourself hydrated & stay rested so you don't run your physical self down. Miss you, gf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's bigger than I thought it would be!

    And lean on us whenever you need us. Call me any time, babe! I've been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Although you had problems with her, it hurts anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking of you Carmen! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete