Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day 2008

It's amazing how much things have changed in the span of one year regarding earth friendliness.

For example, at my local grocery store, the vast majority of shoppers that I've noticed are carrying in their own shopping bags. YAY! I've managed to acquire quite a few tote bags in my lifetime and have now put them all to work as grocery sacks and such. LOVE THAT! I have an aversion to plastic grocery sacks, so I avoid them like the plague whenever possible. However, you can't always avoid them, especially at Wal-Mart, so I dutifully collect them and recycle in quarterly or as needed at Wal-Mart. I keep my tote bags strategically stashed in my car, work cubicle and hanging on a hook by my back door, so they are always in sight and ready to use.

I hope the next big thing that people start to tackle is recycling or reusing our electronic items.

Personally, I've got 2 monitors, an old laserjet printer, a scanner, a desktop CPU (empty), a broken VCR, old car stereo, broken floor heater, a battery charger, a drill, a couple of stick vacs, Ni-Cad and Lithium batteries, old software CDs and Gawd knows what else is lurking around my house that I refuse to throw into the land fill. April is an excellent month to start my spring cleaning in earnest and I can't wait to unload all these things at my local recycling center.

Do you have anything lurking that needs to find a new home or be recycled?

No comments:

Post a Comment