Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My Newest Toys! The Boye NeedleMaster System

*big grin* I GOT 'EM ALL!!!!

Hobby Lobby is having a 50% off sale on all Knitting Implements, so I was running around trying to buy up the small size circulars for my new sock obsession when it dawned on me that I should just get "The Boye NeedleMaster Interchangeable Needle System". Hobby Lobby Regular price $79.99. Of course, I had to get duplicate sets of the smaller sizes since I want to do "2 socks on 2 circulars" and I just HAD to get the 2 each of the 12", 16" and 21" interchangeable cables so I can do the smaller lengths.

I can't help it, I obsess about these things. Now, I've just got to get me some of the good fiber. I put in an order for sock yarn at KnitPicks and I found some vendors on Etsy with some cool sock yarn that I just love!


Handpainted Flame Sockyarn by lanasdelibelula

Handpainted Bisbee Sockyarn by lanasdelibelula
Midnight Superwash Merino Sockyarn by Girlontherocks

3 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the sweet words! I have to really be careful with Etsy--so much cool stuff it's like a big ol' funky market; I have a weakness for funky handmade clothing I nevr actually have the stones to wear in public.

    Take care, knit happy!
    spaazlicious/lanas de libelula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good God, I have got to go to hobby lobby before it's too late. I didn't know they sell more of the interchangable cables! I love my needlemaster! Though, the join is kinda sucky, hopefully you won't have too much of a problem with it and the sock yarn. I would definitely reccommend softening up the cable a bit first with hot water, that should help with the flexibility too.

    ReplyDelete