Sunday, April 02, 2006

Alright! It's time to DE-stash!

After lurking around perusing all the lovely stashes out there, I see that I gots to get rid of some of my acrylics and wool blends and start coveting the good stuff.
SO! In an effort to rid myself of the mediocrity, I'm going to start making crochet squares for charity and use my Lion Brand Wool-ease and Kool Wool to make hats and socks for the troops. My brother is over in Iraq right now, so I figure I can send him a carebox with all kinds of snugglies and sweets to share with the rest of his troop. Check out my "Needlecraft Charity" section for links to knit and crochet charity programs.

Here's what I have on the needles right now: Seaman's Cap using Lion Brand Wool-Ease Wheat.

As soon as I get my circulars that I ordered from Joann.com, I'm going to start making 2 socks on 2 circulars. *pray for me*

2 comments:

  1. thank you thank you thank you...I knew there had to be a blogring for women of color! Good for you for knitting for charity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go on with your awesome knitting for charity! (Destash is a dirty word, but at least you're doing it for a good cause!)

    ReplyDelete