Wal-mart sells the "Uniek 12 Compartment Clear Storage Boxes" that are great for larger beads (6.00mm and above).
They, also, sell the 24 piece "Uniek Flip Top Tubes" that are perfect for seed beads, tiny findings and smaller beads (6.00 mm and smaller).
For portability, I use a fishing tackle box (also purchased at Wal-mart). Notice that I have repurposed my empty prescription pill bottles and how neatly they fit inside the tackle utility boxes.
Papercrafting, Rubberstamping, Cardmaking & Scrapbooking
I purchased the Lowe's "Stor-It-All 48" Multi Purpose Cabinet" to house all my papers, stamps, etc.

This unit does not come pre-assembled, so be prepared to spend a couple hours putting it together. I had to call the manufacturer to order new side panels because the orignial ones were warped and I couldn't fit the pieces together properly. It is a simple inexpensive particle board *gasp* unit, so don't expect a lot from it. It's not designed to withstand a lot of weight or to be moved around a lot, so put it together where it will live and leave it there.
I went crazy using my 40% & 50% off coupons at Joanns and Michaels to buy all my
"Cropper Hopper Value Pack Library Sets".

I, also, purchased a couple sets of the QVC "Ultimate Scrapbook & Papercrafting Storage System" because it comes with a few extras that can't be found anywhere else for the price.
I was lucky enough to find several clear storage box sets in various sizes (9X14, 8x10, 5x7) at the local Dollar General stores last summer for $8.00 a set. These are a watered down version of the Cropper Hopper Divided Storage Boxes, yet they are remarkably sturdy. I use them to store my tools, diecuts, and rubberstamps. Rubberstamps are stored according to theme, i.e. occasions, backgrounds, alphabet. I store my cardstock according to the color wheel and each paper pouch is labeled accordingly.
Yarn Stash
Some of my "Yarn Stash" is stored inside a small closet in my craft/laundry/home office using Yaffa blocks and Yaffa drawers.
I, also, have underbed storage boxes where I hide a lot of my stash under the guest bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment