...just another girl with a cat, a big stash, an obsession with pointy sticks and shiny objects!
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Like Lonely Lambs to Slaughter
I think allowing children, tweens and teenagers on Facebook or any other social networking site without parental control/oversight is an open invitation for sex offenders/pedophiles to prey on them...like a lone lamb to a hungry wolf. Like handing your child right over no questions asked. I don't think people really realize how easy it is to prey on them in cyberspace. Parents need to monitor their children's internet AND mobile phone use. Talk to them about why it's not a good idea to post provactive pictures and videos of themselves or their friends on the internet. Not only is it fodder for pedo fantasy or school bullying, those photos and videos will follow them into adulthood and could potentially impact their chances at getting into a college or getting a job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sure my nieces hate it, but I watch their pages like a hawk. And call or text their dad the minute something is out of line. agree, x1,000,000.
ReplyDeleteDid you see the video of the man who gave his nephew "the belt" after the nephew boasted of being a thug on Facebook? I think it is still on YouTube somewhere....
ReplyDelete