
One year ago, I posted about food addiction and my struggle to lose weight.
And, I'm still on the same hamster wheel.
Fall 2002, I had a gastric bypass and have steadily managed to gain back almost all the weight I lost from 2002 to 2004. I still can't eat a whole lot and some things do make me sick. Yes, I make bad food decisions, but even still I don't eat that badly all the time. I think where I fail is not getting enough exercise. I have to do better about that.
Diabetes has reared its ugly head again. I'm borderline and have to lose a chunk of weight to get back within normal ranges. DAMMIT! Here I go again. I've done it before back in 2006-2007 when I was working at the gym and I'm determined to do it again. Get back down to a size 18/20 again. Entering into my 40s, I am starting to feel old age creeping into my bones and I know that I MUST MUST MUST get some of this weight off so that I can stave off the inevitable breakdown of my mobility. Hopefully, I can keep moving on my own well into my 50s.
Some have asked if I'd do the whole weightloss surgery thing again and to that I say yes. Well, I think so, anyway. I think for me it's not about reducing calories, but actually eating more. I think I have one of those thrifty gene bodies that likes to hang onto each and every single calorie that it can and, of course, weightloss surgery makes the body think that you are starving to death and well here we go...
So that means I have to compensate for that with a LOT of cardio and weight training to keep my metabolism burning. Working from home these past year or so, has not helped one iota. Having the special Success Meals and the at home trainer also failed due to illness and well, bad planning on both our parts. Regardless, I need to go back to what I know works and that's going to the gym and working with a trainer. Maybe even seeing if I can get my old job back at the front desk. I'm going to see my old friend, Jason tomorrow night. I can't wait.
And, I'm still on the same hamster wheel.
Fall 2002, I had a gastric bypass and have steadily managed to gain back almost all the weight I lost from 2002 to 2004. I still can't eat a whole lot and some things do make me sick. Yes, I make bad food decisions, but even still I don't eat that badly all the time. I think where I fail is not getting enough exercise. I have to do better about that.
Diabetes has reared its ugly head again. I'm borderline and have to lose a chunk of weight to get back within normal ranges. DAMMIT! Here I go again. I've done it before back in 2006-2007 when I was working at the gym and I'm determined to do it again. Get back down to a size 18/20 again. Entering into my 40s, I am starting to feel old age creeping into my bones and I know that I MUST MUST MUST get some of this weight off so that I can stave off the inevitable breakdown of my mobility. Hopefully, I can keep moving on my own well into my 50s.
Some have asked if I'd do the whole weightloss surgery thing again and to that I say yes. Well, I think so, anyway. I think for me it's not about reducing calories, but actually eating more. I think I have one of those thrifty gene bodies that likes to hang onto each and every single calorie that it can and, of course, weightloss surgery makes the body think that you are starving to death and well here we go...
So that means I have to compensate for that with a LOT of cardio and weight training to keep my metabolism burning. Working from home these past year or so, has not helped one iota. Having the special Success Meals and the at home trainer also failed due to illness and well, bad planning on both our parts. Regardless, I need to go back to what I know works and that's going to the gym and working with a trainer. Maybe even seeing if I can get my old job back at the front desk. I'm going to see my old friend, Jason tomorrow night. I can't wait.
Carmen, sounds like you are having a rough time, but getting to the gym again will probably help both weight and mindset. I know whenever I get down, working out really helps.
ReplyDeleteHang on in there, Carmen (on the dating as well as the weight)
ReplyDelete