
Getting ready that night for this particular outing, I stopped at Lane Bryant to buy a few new outfits to wear out that night. I didn't have time to try them on and figured they would fit just fine since I went up a couple sizes from the size that I thought I wore. When I got home and started trying on the outfits, NONE OF THEM FIT!! NOT ONE! I was so disgusted. Thankfully, I rummaged around in my closet and found a shirt and pants that fit and that's the outfit you see above.
After the photos from that night were posted online, I decided it was time to do something about my appearance. I have been whining about my weight for the past couple years and have FINALLY gotten to a point in my life where I am determined to do something to make actual progress and not just play at getting fit.
I've signed up for Weight Watchers Online and have been working out daily the past couple weeks. This week, I started working out twice daily. I get up and walk/job about 2 miles every morning, then in the evening I go to my favorite little gym and trot on the treadmill for another 2 miles, then do nautilus and core training. I'm, even, weening myself off of soda. Yes, I'm kicking my Diet Coke obsession.
Part of my motivation is purely narcissitic in that I don't like the way I look in my photos lately, but the major motivating factor is my health and wellness. For example, during the months when I was least active, I noticed my knees began to ache and hurt. Now that I'm working out daily, my knees feel great. I can only attribute this to increased blood flow. Emotionally, I'm feeling really confident and enthusiastic. I've resumed my normal social butterfly activities and am in the throws of planning what will, inevitably, be a fun, raucous 40th birthday weekend.
Good for you. I'm routing for you! I need to get back on track also!
ReplyDelete