Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fat to Fitness and Back Again

I have been fluffy for my entire life. It dawned on me today that for as long as I can remember I have been on a diet and exercising just to keep my head above the proverbial water. Every so often, I stop treading water and let myself sink to new depths before something in my brain kicks in and causes me to kick again and head towards the surface.

About 3 weeks ago, I started kicking back to the surface again. This time I have enlisted yet another personal trainer 'iRise' who visits me at home and I have specialized weight loss meals 'Success Meals KC' delivered to my home during the week so that I don't even have to think about what to eat. So far, I have managed to shed an inch or so and a couple pounds, but I'm struggling with the same ole same ole. CARDIO!

I have got to figure out a way to pry myself away from my work and consequently the sofa to do my freaking cardio. I even have my Tony Little Gazelle set up in my living room now right in front of the tv and I struggle to get on it. Work has been crazy and I have, literally, been working 18 hour days for long stretches here lately, so whenever I get a free moment, I'm sleep.

I hate being this size again, so I am going to have to dig deep and kick harder to the surface now. Gotta do it better. May have to enlist my friends and family to text and call me to motivate me to get off my @ss and walk around the block a few times. Gotta keep kicking for as long as I can kick.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! You motivated me lady.

    From someone who can't seem to make it out of the office...or even to the downstairs gym...

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my own story. Maybe we need to do some cyber encouragement for each other. I'm usually good about doing some time on my treadmill although not as much as I should. Of course, all fitness stops when I'm traveling and I've been doing a lot of that lately. It would be nice to get on a plane and not have to worry about a seat belt extension though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see you back writing

    Keep working on the exercise. Any is better than none, even walking from the far end of the parking lot instead of looking for a closer spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Carmen! We miss you on KansasKnits, but I can see you've been too busy to turn around. My grandson is going from couch potato to sports. We've noticed he comes home bouncing, happy and very up beat after weight training. His counselor said there are endomorphins (did I ever come close to spelling that right?) that are released during exercise that raise your mood and lift depression. Why not think of exercising as a spirit lifter instead of drudgery to work off extra weight?

    ReplyDelete