
I STILL have no REAL idea. I arrived here Tuesday afternoon and came straight to my mom's hospital room right off the highway. As I entered her room and she saw it was me, she perked up and was so happy to see me.
Thankfully, my aunt (her older sister) had come to visit about a month ago and hasn't left her side yet. She saw that my mom (her little sister) was a wisp of the woman she once was and that her health was rapidly deteriorating. She was jaundice and weak. At her sister's behest, she submitted herself again to medical probes. By my best estimates, she's been in the hospital for the last two weeks for exploratory testing to see what in the heck might be wrong with her. Nothing has come back yet, so I guess that's good, but then again what's wrong? Of course, I only found out this past Sunday that she was in the hospital. : / As I sit here in her hospital room, I think to myself. This is not my mommy. She doesn't look the same. She's so frail.
Mother's Day 2007


wow!!! what a difference! lets pray that they find out what is wrong and get her back to her former self! ypu know i know how you feel so i don't have to go there. keep your head up!
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you both. I hope they figure it out soon!
ReplyDeleteJust an idea - have they checked for pancreatic cancer? Not to alarm you but painless jaundice is a major symptom of this type of rare cancer. I would have that checked out - unfortunately I know from experience.
ReplyDeleteMichelle
That is tough to watch your mom go thur this. I hope the doctors find out what is wrong and get her on the path to a speedy recovery. It is good that you can be there for her. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteP.S. not sure if I have ever commented on your blog, but I read it alot.
Hello Dulcedosa,
ReplyDeleteHow's your mother doing today? Have the doctors figured out what's wrong yet?
I'm praying that God places His hedge of protection around your mother's life and health.
Manchild