Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ghetto GPS Says...

left to right: Laura, Jennifer, Jennifer

This year's Sunflower Knitters Guild Kansas Yarn Crawl was yet another fabulous event enjoyed by all.

I was with my homies Future Mrs. Laura aka NotSoFluffyNotSoKira, PlazaJen and Gingie aka Jenny aka SwimmingJne. I met up with PlazaJen at her house, left my car and hopped in her G ride, then we met up with Future Mrs. Laura and Gingie in the parking lot at the Darth Vadar building. Future Mrs. Laura was already waiting on us when we got there, so me and PlazaJen hopped in the backseat and waited on Gingie. heh. I dubbed her that during our adventure on Saturday. I like it. Its stuck now. Anywho. Soon as Gingie got in the ride, Future Mrs. Laura starts mashing buttons on her fancy GPS system. You see I have a deep and abiding distrust of them damn Global Positioning Systems, otherwise known as GPS. Future Mrs. Laura seems to depend on them thangs to git her from point A to point B and well, I'm old, Southern and fixed in my ways when it comes to some things. Don't git me wrong. I'll use a GPS, but when I know what I know and I know the damn GPS ain't gonna know, well then, you just gotta let me guide you where you going. Anyhow, Mrs. Laura is mashing on that damn GPS, so it can tell her how to git down to Knit Wit in Olathe. Well, I piped up and said, "GIRL! You got the Black Girl GPS back here. You don't need no damn GPS machine to tell you nothin'. Come now, let's roll." Well, she swore up and down that the damn GPS knows where its going and will tell you in a polite BRITISH accent. HMPH! Why you need a old British man to tell you where you going. GURL! You got the ghetto fabulous blinged out system in your backseat. SHOOT! Let's roll.
So, she gave in and let me do the guiding. heh. Somewhere along the way to Knit Wit, I coined the phrase "Ghetto GPS". Yep, that's me.

Knit Wit purchases go here.
Gotta get unlazy enough to take some yarn pr0n first.

Then, we were off to the Needlenest.

Then, over to Lawrence for Tracy Bonkers and then over to the Yarn Barn.
Many thanks to Future Mrs. Laura aka NotSoFluffyNotSoKira for chauffeuring me, PlazaJen and Gingie aka Jenny aka SwimmingJne. We had us a good time, I tell you. I was unfiltered, as usual. :: evil grin :: I like that I can be myself around these girls and they don't get all bunched up AND they get me AND they laugh at my jokes. As Early Culyer would say, "HELL YEAH!"

1 comment:

  1. Did you get any photos of the Arbor Mist planter border? I gotta check out your Flickr. It was a fun day!

    ReplyDelete