Wednesday, February 06, 2008

How about front yard mud pie cake?



'member when you were 5 years old and you’d run out of cake mix for your EZ Bake Oven and you’d go outside with it and plug it into the outside socket and then break off a twig and turn on the hose and make a nice soupy wet mud puddle and stir it up and slop some of that mud into the little cake pan and shove it into the EZ Bake Oven and VOILA! MUD PIE!

Then, you’d let it bake for 5 minutes cause 5 minutes was like 5 hours and then you’d carefully take the mud pie out and chase your brother or some neighborhood boy around trying to make him eat it. LMAO! ::ehem:: or maybe that was just me… ::cheese::

No, I haven't lost my mind. This was a response to a thread titled, "Nasty Cake" and this is what popped into my brain. I thought it was clever and funny enough to turn into a blog entry about my childhood chicanery. ::cheese::

In other news, I'm still employed and will be for the foreseeable future. My voluntary separation request was DENIED! LOL! Yep, they need me. I KNEW IT!

I'm still following my dream of building my brand and growing my business. It's really exciting and gratifying. I've been sewing like a mad woman lately, too. I'm trying to make as many products as I can in preparation for some upcoming shows in March and April. I sold my FIRST sock box to Jessica [Bowen](person) and she was just tickled pink to get it yesterday and has been gushing about it to her friends and family apparently to no avail since they just don't get it, but I get and I'm freakin' stoked.

Still studying Mandarin and learning at a rapid rate. Very challenging and fascinating to say the least. In addition to learning pin yin, I've up'd it a notch and am learning written traditional Chinese at the same time. Yeah, boy!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    Although I never made mud pies in the easy bake oven, we did turn the bird bath into mud soup that somehow or another (??) got on the annoying boy across the street. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be selling even more of them to me. I have a feeling I'm gonna want a few of these so I can keep each of my current projects in its own little box. So cute *cheese*

    ReplyDelete